Medical equipment is designed to aid in the diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of medical conditions. These devices are usually designed with rigorous safety standards. The medical equipment is included in the category Medical technology.
There are several basic types:
* Diagnostic equipment includes medical imaging machines, used to aid in diagnosis. Examples are ultrasound and MRI machines, PET and CT scanners, and x-ray machines.
* Therapeutic equipment includes infusion pumps, medical lasers and LASIK surgical machines.
* Life support equipment is used to maintain a patient’s bodily function. This includes medical ventilators, anesthetic machines, heart-lung machines, ECMO, and dialysis machines.
* Medical monitors allow medical staff to measure a patient’s medical state. Monitors may measure patient vital signs and other parameters including ECG, EEG, blood pressure, and dissolved gases in the blood.
* Medical laboratory equipment automates or helps analyze blood, urine and genes.
* Diagnostic Medical Equipment may also be used in the home for certain purposes, e.g. for the control of diabetes mellitus
A biomedical equipment technician (BMET) is a vital component of the healthcare delivery system. Employed primarily by hospitals, BMETs are the people responsible for maintaining a facility’s medical equipment.
When you do search for a great deal always ask for a warranty. This will provide the confidence you need especially when buying a more expensive model. Some of these warranties will last a lifetime. Never having to spend another dollar on a pair of stethoscopes is a great future plan for your budget.
If you’re planning to buy the medical equipments then the internet would be the best option to start with. In internet you will find many medical equipment manufacturers along with the product they manufacture or sell. Always make background check before ordering the medical stuffs, after all its an one time investment and somebody’s life depends on it.
For more information on Buy Medical Equipments Online you can visit http://www.micglobal.co.uk/